This program is for CEOs and leaders of established small businesses and nonprofit enterprises. Pre-approval is required prior to registration. Enrollment is limited and priority will be given to second-stage entrepreneurs*.
Pre-approval is required prior to registration. To apply to attend, complete the online application.
Upon approval, please call Hollyhock to register at 1-800-933-6339 or book online through Hollyhock's website.
- Women Entrepreneurs Track* (partial), May 9th & 10th: $275 CDN
- SVI Vancouver (partial), May 10th & 11th : $275 CDN
- SVI Vancouver Full Event**, May 9th - 11th: $525 CDN
Partial scholarships are available for participants who qualify. Please note your interest in a scholarship when applying to attend.
Be sure to mention the SVI Special when you register. Registration for both conferences must be booked by May 9th, 2012 to receive the discount.
*Registration for the Women Entrepreneur Track is open to women only.
**The Full SVI Vancouver Event includes the Women Entrepreneur Track, therefore registration for the full event is only open to women. Men are invited to join SVI Vancouver starting the evening of May 10th and ending in the late afternoon on May 11th.
*What do we mean by "second-stage entrepreneurs"?
While we recognize that every entrepreneur and organization is unique, our goal is to create an event that has value for - and community among - CEOs and leaders of established companies and non-profit enterprises.
Some of the elements that define "second-stage" include:
- Your company's age: You've been operating for at least two years.
- Revenues/Profits: You are earning sufficient revenues to cover - at a minimum - your operating expenses, including salaries for yourself and any other staff. (In other words, you're past the bootstrapping startup phase.)
- Common challenges: Second-stage entrepreneurs face different challenges from those in the startup stages of business, including managing growth, second-stage financing, cultivating leadership among staff, and so on.
- Size: While this is a secondary consideration, we sometimes look to number of employees as an indicator of growth & stability.
There are exceptions to every rule, of course - if you've run a company before, for example, your company's age may be less relevant than your revenues and current challenges. We encourage you to share with us any additional context that you think would be helpful in evaluating your application.
What if I don't meet the criteria for second-stage?
Please apply anyway! We will be reserving a block of registrations for startup-stage entrepreneurs, students and aspiring leaders. Please use the application form to share your current status (aspiring, startup, etc.) and why you feel this event would be valuable for you.