Communications and Marketing Intern, Tides CanadaPosted on October 01, 2012
|Contact||Alison Henning :: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Website||Careers | Tides Canada|
Communications and Marketing Intern
3 Months, PT or FT
Tides Canada’s mission is to provide uncommon solutions for the common good by leading and supporting actions that foster a healthy environment and just Canadian society.
Tides Canada is comprised of two associated philanthropic organizations – Tides Canada Foundation (TCF) and Tides Canada Initiatives Society (TCI). Tides Canada Foundation is a national public foundation focused on environmental and social justice issues. The Foundation supports a range of sector participants, including large international and national institutions, NGOs, operating charities, private family foundations, corporate donors, individual philanthropists and social entrepreneurs. Tides Canada Initiatives Society is a growing operating charity that houses and supports nearly 40 social and environmental projects across the country.
Tides Canada is looking for a Communications and Marketing Intern in our Vancouver office.
We are a small-but-mighty communications team looking for someone creative, positive and flexible as we balance projects and support all Tides Canada departments and their marketing efforts. The internship will include a wide range of core support activities as well as the delivery of one specific project (see following). The position will work under direction and support from the Communications and Marketing Manager.
This is a unique opportunity to gain communications and marketing work experience with a national charity dedicated to social justice and the environment.
The Communications and Marketing Intern will be a strong writer, with excellent spelling, grammar and proofreading skills, experienced in social media and online engagement. They will be able to respond quickly to changing priorities and be willing to commit full attention to administrative tasks.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce and edit communications content including:
- blogs and news stories
- marketing materials (print and digital)
- social media
- organize and maintain media contact database, professional memberships and photo/media library
- monitor and document media (including social media) coverage and press clippings
- Market research
- Special events coordination
- General administrative support
- To produce a new digital media strategy and guidelines for Tides Canada, in collaboration and with guidance from the Communications and Marketing Manager.
- 1-3 years marketing experience (including paid work, studies and volunteering)
- Excellent writing (spelling, grammar and proof reading) skills
- Familiarity and experience with social media platforms including Twitter and Facebook pages
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, under tight timelines
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail, with a critical eye for quality and accuracy
- Experience managing and updating website content
- A knowledge of and interest in social justice and the environment
- Database management
- Google Analytics and Google Adwords
- Graphic design and layout
Salary Range: We offer a modest hourly stipend. Tides Canada expects professionalism and commitment to the internship position. The successful candidate must commit a minimum of three months to work at Tides Canada, full time hours preferable, part time negotiable. We also offer great colleagues, an office in a beautiful heritage building in Gastown and the sense of accomplishment that comes from helping create a more just and sustainable world.
How to Apply: Together with your resume, please forward a cover letter which includes your responses to the following questions:
1. How did you hear about this position? What interests you most about it?2. Tell us why you are a good fit for the position of Communications and Marketing Intern with Tides Canada?3. What are your strongest qualifications for the position and what are the areas in which you feel you would need todevelop professionally?4. Briefly tell us about your current/most recent job or studies. Why are you looking for a change?5. What are your professional goals after your internship is complete?
Please send your resume and cover letter addressed to Alison Henning, Communications and Marketing Manager at email@example.com. No recruiters please.
For more information about our organization please visit www.tidescanada.org.
Our sincere appreciation to all those expressing interest in the position, however, only those applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. The posting will remain on our website, and we will accept applications, until the position is filled.