Content ManagerPosted on September 13, 2012
Who are we?
ethicalDeal was born out of a mission to make green mainstream. Our flash sales introduce people to greener choices for everyday living at up to 70% off. We are voted as one of the top start ups to watch by Fast Company and are the recipient of the Better Business Bureau Award for Advancing Marketplace Trust and Innovation. To date, our social commerce platform has helped over 1500 green businesses acquire new customers and build their brand in the eco space. We reach the largest community of eco and health minded shoppers in Canada and are growing quickly!
Our head office is located in the Gastown district close to yummy eateries, public transportation and other start-ups. We work in a fast paced, production driven environment that's focused on achieving goals and growing a great company rather than just putting in the hours. Our team also likes to have fun - we have a rooftop patio, beer Fridays, monthly team outings, unlimited fair trade coffee/tea and more!
And you are:
- In touch with our eco minded community and their needs and wants
- Organized, extremely detail oriented and able to adapt to an evolving production schedule with tight deadlines
- Experienced in web content creation, management and production
- Experienced in ad copy or advertorial writing
- Familiar with Wordpress, HTML and social media tools including Hootsuite, Bit.ly, Crowdbooster, Mailchimp and Unbounce
- Familiar with SEO research and SEO optimized copywriting
- Able to work well with a team, including sales reps, management, graphic designers, customer service and community managers to collaborate on a variety of content projects and develop best practices
- Experience as an editor or managing the content production of an online magazine/website is beneficial
- Develop and execute editorial plan based on site metrics, web trends, company goals and audience requirements
- Research, writing and production of content for our web presence including our daily deals (advertorials), main website content, social media, marketing campaigns, and more
- Maintenance of the ethicalDeal voice, standards and brand in all copy
- Meticulous editing of grammar, spelling and flow prior to content distribution to our network
- Management of our web publishing platform in accordance with the sales-driven production schedule
- Blog management including coordinating of guest bloggers, assignment of blog topics, editing and uploading of content
- Search engine optimization research and implementation of SEO strategies throughout our different content channels
- Tracking and reporting on content metrics using Google Analytics
- Social media campaign scheduling through our accounts on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest
- Work with the technical team to maintain site standards with regard to new development
- Develop copywriting guidelines and training manuals as necessary
- Optimize content publishing processes to be as efficient and effective as possible; propose policy and style changes; analyze and test deal copy, titles etc. to increase conversions and click through rate
- Other duties as assigned
Send your resume to careers@ethicalDeal.com stating “Content Manager” in the subject line. Please include a cover letter explaining why you are a great fit for our team as well as links to your writing and online presence. Deadline to apply is Sunday Sept 17, 2012. Start date is ASAP. No phone calls please.