Coordinator - Contract PositionPosted on June 13, 2012
Cafe Etico is hiring to fill a 12-month Leave of Absence for the Cafe Etico Coordinator position.
Overview: Cafe Etico is a fair trade, organic coffee social enterprise owned by CoDevelopment Canada, a BC-based non-profit. Our mission is to support farmers' right to a dignified standard of living through the fair trade business model, and promote fair trade organic coffee in Canada.
Job summary: As the sole employee of Cafe Etico, the Coordinator is responsible for all the operations, marketing, and program work of Cafe Etico, including customer service, filling and shipping orders, marketing to prospective customers, financial administration, and managing project work with farmer co-operatives.
Position details: This is a part-time (33.75 hours per week) position, working a flexible schedule with some overtime and weekend work required. The position will begin August 13th 2012. The starting salary is $25.35 per hour with a generous benefits package, and is subject to the provisions of the collective agreement with CUPE 1004.
- Working independently to manage all aspects of Cafe Etico - Running daily operations, including receiving, billing, filling and shipping/delivering customer orders
- Managing inventory, including annual coffee imports from Nicaragua and Guatemala Managing relations with farmer co-operatives in Latin America
- All financial management and bookkeeping
- Providing customer service to indivdual, organizational and retail customers
- Creating and implementing marketing materials and campaigns
- Writing newsletter articles and other promotional materials
- Promoting Cafe Etico at a variety of events, including in-store coffee samplings
- Reporting to the Cafe Etico and CoDevelopment Canada Board of Directors Managing projects with farmers in Latin America, including developing proposals, managing donor relations, monitoring project progress and report writing
Required qualifications / experience
- Experience administering a business or non-profit
- Experience with project management
- Experience in marketing and customer service Fluent in Spanish and English
- Knowledge of financial management and bookkeeping
- Able to work independently and multi-task Able to lift and transport boxes up to 40 lbs
- A valid BC driver's license is required; access to own vehicle an asset
Desired qualifications / experience
- A university or college degree in business, international development, or related field
- A strong understanding of fair trade, particularly as it applies to coffee
- Willing to perform a range of tasks, from bagging to travelling overseas
- Experience managing part-time staff and/or volunteers
- Experience with grant/proposal writing and reporting
- Proficiency with PC and Mac, and experience with an accounting program, preferably Quickbooks
To apply, please email, fax or mail your cover letter and resume in PDF or Word format to Cafe Etico, quoting "Cafe Etico Coordinator Application".
Email: email@example.com Fax: 604-708-1497
Cafe Etico 260 - 2747 East Hastings St. Vancouver, BC V5K 1Z8
Cafe Etico thanks all those who apply for this position, however only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
The closing date for applications is: midnight on Sunday June 24 2012