LOCO Administrative & Marketing Support PositionPosted on July 20, 2012
LOCO Administrative & Marketing Support Position
Term: Part-time (approximately 25 hours per week), 3 Month Contract with intention to extend
LOCO BC supports a vibrant local economy in Greater Vancouver through local purchasing, business connections and sustainability. We’re a membership-based not-for-profit society with over 80 forward-thinking member businesses. Our founding members are PacBlue Printing, Salt Spring Coffee, and Vancity.
LOCO holds monthly events to connect our business members, hosted by a different member each month. We are launching a consumer-facing buy-local campaign called “Own Your Own” that will move Metro Vancouver toward a more vibrant, sustainable local economy.
We’re looking for an energetic, personable, and details-oriented person to help manage our members, provide event coordination support, and manage and execute the beginning of our 12 month Own Your Own campaign.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience managing websites, or the ability to learn
- Experience using SalesForce, or the ability to learn
- Experience with Quick Books, or the ability to learn
- Excellent communications skills, clearly communicating the value of LOCO membership to potential business members, and clearly communicating the value of buying local to consumers.
- Experience managing the creation of sales/marketing collateral.
- Experience managing events.
- An associate’s degree or a few years experience in business, marketing, or communications.
- A love for Vancouver and a passion for developing our community through a local, sustainable, vibrant economy!
- Coordinate new and existing members.
- Manage a database of leads; create and execute conversion strategies.
- Grow LOCO membership by recruiting businesses via direct sales to Businesses and BIAs through presentations, calls, and emails, supported by advertising, partnerships, etc.
- Throw rockin’ events that generate interest among businesses and the public. The highlight event will be the launch of the OYO campaign in September.
- Manage advertising buys and relationships with advertisers.
- Coordinate the printing and delivery of already-designed collateral.
- Sniff out good, media friendly stories related to Own Your Own, then write and pitch news releases
- Assist our ED and Board in various marketing-related tasks
Submit a short CV, cover letter and salary expectations to amy(at)locobc.com by July 26th.