Sales Account ExecutivePosted on July 04, 2012
ethicalDeal is a fast paced Gastown start-up that is expanding across North America. We have been voted as one of the top 25 start-ups to watch by Fast Company and have been featured in CTV news, Vancouver Sun, Urban Rush, Business in Vancouver and many others. We’ve also taken home awards such as the Better Business Bureau Advancing Marketplace Trust and Innovation Award.
At ethicalDeal, we want to make it easy and fun for people to discover greener choices for everyday living. We’re redefining local advertising while pursuing our mission of making green mainstream. To date, our social marketing platform has helped over 1000 green businesses acquire new customers and build their brand in the green consumer space. We have over 10,000 fans following us on our social networks and reach a community of over 100,000 green minded shoppers. Check out our blog for green living tips and more!
We’re a small and growing team that’s on the hunt for people who are smart, driven, great to work with, and genuinely want to promote healthy green living. Join us!
Grow With Us!
As the most outward-facing representative of ethicalDeal’s brand, our Sales Account Executives interact everyday with our merchant customers, and revolutionize the way local businesses approach advertising. If you have a “hunter” mentality, are creative and persistent, and thrive in a high-activity, fast-paced sales position, we want to talk with you.
- Research, develop, and cultivate leads for ethicalDeal
- Qualify prospective clients in-person and by phone
- Use consultative sales skills to assess merchant goals, propose a customized ethicalDeal solution, and obtain commitment
- Manage relationships with established clients and construct proposals and contracts within selling guidelines to develop and maintain a book of business
- Communicate ongoing contacts and sales activities utilizing our CRM
- Provide up-to-date documentation to the operations team and regularly collaborate on best deal strategies
- Achieve sales targets and objectives
- Excellent sales instincts with proven record of top performance
- Minimum two (2) years of sales experience is required. Experience selling online advertising, direct marketing, local advertising are a plus
- Knowledge of the green consumer industry in North America
- Post secondary education in business or related field
- Self-motivated and driven, entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment
- Great problem-solving, analytical, critical thinking, and prioritization skills
- Excellent organizational, time-management, multi-tasking, phone and interpersonal skills
- Top-notch communication skills with the ability to sell to all decision-making levels
- Thrives in an autonomous working environment with minimal supervision while maintaining focus and productivity to meet deadlines; shows relentless persistence in a competitive marketplace
- CRM proficiency is required
Compensation & Perks
- Competitive base + uncapped sales commissions
- Awesome opportunity to grow within a rapidly growing company
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Tools and programs to help you succeed, including iPads
- Unlimited supply of fairtrade coffee, organic tea and healthy snacks
- Friday happy hours with the team and monthly team outings
- Make a difference, while making a living!
Send your resume to careers@ethicalDeal.com stating “Sales Account Executive” in the subject line. Please include a short cover letter explaining why you are a great fit for our team.