This program is for CEOs and leaders of established small businesses and nonprofit enterprises. Pre-approval is required prior to registration. Enrollment is limited and priority will be given to second-stage entrepreneurs.
To apply to attend complete the online application.
Upon approval, please call Hollyhock to register at 1-800-933-6339 or book online through Hollyhock's website. You must pay the tuition deposit and book accommodation to reserve your place at the conference. Hollyhock SVI sells out every year, so be sure to book early.
Tuition cost is $650 CDN plus meals and accommodation. A spousal rate (for those not attending sessions) is available at $325 CDN plus meals and accommodation. For guests staying offsite, there is an mandatory all inclusive meal and day use fee of $82 per day, plus tax (includes access to Hollyhock amenities and 3 meals a day).
Partial tuition scholarships are available through Hollyhock for participants who qualify. Apply for a Hollyhock scholarship online at: https://www.hollyhock.ca/cms/page4088.cfm.
We encourage you to arrive a couple of days early or extend your stay for some outstanding rest and relaxation.
Save 15% on Accommodations and Meals if registered for SVI Hollyhock by July 16, 2013.
- For Reservations made by by July 16th, 2013
- Must be onsite
- All Rooms Including Dorms and Excluding Tents
- Cannot be combined with any other discount
What do we mean by "second-stage entrepreneurs"?
While we recognize that every entrepreneur and organization is unique, our goal is to create an event that has value for - and community among - CEOs and leaders of established companies and non-profit enterprises.
Some of the elements that define "second-stage" include:
- Your company's age: You've been operating for at least two years.
- Revenues/Profits: You are earning sufficient revenues to cover - at a minimum - your operating expenses, including salaries for yourself and any other staff. (In other words, you're past the bootstrapping startup phase.)
- Common challenges: Second-stage entrepreneurs face different challenges from those in the startup stages of business, including managing growth, second-stage financing, cultivating leadership among staff, and so on.
- Size: While this is a secondary consideration, we sometimes look to number of employees as an indicator of growth & stability.
There are exceptions to every rule, of course - if you've run a company before, for example, your company's age may be less relevant than your revenues and current challenges. We encourage you to share with us any additional context that you think would be helpful in evaluating your application.
What if I don't meet the criteria for second-stage?
Please apply anyway! We will be reserving a block of registrations for startup-stage entrepreneurs, students and aspiring leaders. Please use the application form to share your current status (aspiring, startup, etc.) and why you feel this event would be valuable for you.
A deposit of $395 per person is required and reserves your space. Your deposit is non-refundable. If you cancel your reservation seven days or more in advance of your arrival, your deposit, less a $50 processing fee, will be available as a Hollyhock credit this year or next year. If you cancel less than seven days in advance of your arrival your entire deposit will be forfeited. Final payment is due upon check-out.
"I came to SVI-Hollyhock looking for a change of pace
and left with the inspiration and knowledge
to make real and positive change happen!"
-SVI 2010 Participant